Owner/Designer/Photographer/Artist, Wander + Wonder LLC (formerly DESIGNi2i, Inc)
January 2006 - Current
Run a highly successful business as a freelance web/graphic designer and photographer. Worked with 100+ businesses (including Rothschild Safaris, Morris Animal Foundation, Google Sketch Up, Vail Resorts, The Humanity Foundation, Harvard University, Crocs, Chocolove, National Jewish Health) to produce visually compelling materials across print and digital marketing channels. Manage all aspects of a business, including marketing, sales, accounting, client relations and project management.
• Work collaboratively with clients to determine needs, provide cost-effective solutions, and always deliver on time and within budget.
• Create brand identities, marketing collateral in both print and digital platforms: including logos, business cards, letterhead, brochures, postcards, posters, pamphlets, multi-page publications, advertisements, email campaigns, web graphics, promotional materials
• Improve clients’ presence on the web, including Search Engine Optimization, bringing them new business.
Design & Interactive Manager/Zoo Photographer, Denver Zoological Foundation
September 2011 - July 2017
Oversaw project management and design of all print and digital marketing, promotional materials, advertising, sub-brands, onsite signage, educational materials for over 700 projects per year for various departments across the zoo including Marketing, Public Relations, Development and Education
• Acted as staff photographer averaging 100 photo assignments a year. Initiated and led Volunteer Photography Committee.
• Led award-winning design of logo and brand development, design and production of all signage for the zoo's new tiger exhibit, along with advertising campaign to promote the grand opening; a project that had never in the zoo's history been done in-house.
• Maintained and updated company website with more than 350,000 views per month, using Drupal.
• Built weekly HTML e-newsletters and press releases to send to members, donors, media outlets and more than 100,000 email subscribers.
INTERNATIONAL NETWORKS/AZN TV
Sr. Web Designer, International Networks/AZN Television
July 2004 - January 2006
Managed the design, development and maintenance of corporate and consumer web sites, secure affiliate extranet and company intranet. Responsible for creating all web graphics, microsites, and Flash animation.
• Oversaw and directed the work of external consultants and vendors (i.e. backend developers, Internet Service Providers and other specialized designers).
• Communicated and consulted with various internal departments regarding online strategy and site enhancements.
• Coordinated team to strategize and organize Digital Asset Management system.